IRE vs AFG Match Preview, Dream11 Prediction 5th T20, Playing11
By Priyansh - August 17, 2022 - Last updated on Aug 17, 2022 03:35 PM
Image Source:Inside Sports
IRE vs AFG Match Preview, IRE vs AFG Dream11 Prediction 5th T20, Playing11, Fantasy Winning Tip, and Pitch Report
IRE vs AFG Match Preview
IRE vs AFG Dream11 Prediction, Ireland and Afghanistan will feature in the last match of the five-match T20I series on Wednesday (August 17) at the Civil Service Cricket Club, Belfast. Ireland started really well in the series and won the first two matches. They needed one more victory to seal the series and earn their first T20I series win over Afghanistan. However, Afghanistan denied them this opportunity in the third game as defended a total of 189 runs and won the game by 22 runs.
Afghanistan won the last game by 27 runs after scoring 132 runs in 11 overs as the game was reduced to 11 overs due to rain. Both the teams will be looking to win this game and seal the series. Coming to chase, Ireland failed to chase down the target and managed to put 167 runs on the board where George Dockrell and Fionn Hand stacked 58 runs and 36 runs respectively for them. Naveen-ul-Haq hunted 3 wickets while Fazalhaq Farooqi and Mujeeb Ur Rahman grabbed 2 wickets each for Afghanistan.
Afghanistan have bounced back brilliantly in their five-match T20 International series against Ireland. Ireland took an early 2-0 lead but failed to keep the form up in the next two games. The fate of the series now depends on the outcome of the fifth and final T20I.
Also Read: Ireland vs Afghanistan Head to Head, Live Match Score
Ireland (IRE) Team Updates
- Ireland started really well in the series and won the first two matches.
- They needed one more victory to seal the series and earn their first T20I series win over Afghanistan.
- Andy Balbirnie and Paul Stirling will probably open the inning.
- Lorcan Tucker will bat at the one-down position.
- Harry Tector and Gareth Delany will handle the middle-order batting.
- Gareth Delany was the highest fantasy points gainer in the previous match.
- Andy Balbirnie will lead the Ireland as a Captain. He is also a good Batsman.
Afghanistan (AFG) Team Updates
- Hazratullah Zazai and Rahmanullah Gurbaz will probably open the inning.
- Ibrahim Zadran will bat at the one-down position.
- Najibullah-Zadran and Sharafuddin Ashraf will handle the middle-order batting.
- Mohammad Nabi will lead the Afghanistan as a Captain. He is also a good Alrounder.
- With the series levelled 2-2 by AFG, they must be high on confidence.
IRE vs AFG Fantasy Winning Tip
- Looking by the pitch behaviour, Picking top order batters would be crucial here.
- Death over bowlers are must to have in your fantasy team on a surface like this.
- In Wicket Keeping, all are good. You can choose any of one or more as per your choice.
- Spinners may play major role on this pitch.
Also Read: England vs South Africa Live Score
IRE vs AFG Small League Must Picks:IRE
- George Dockrell [283 points], Gareth Delany [199 points]AFG
- Naveen-ul-Haq [241 points], Najibullah-Zadran [228 points]
IRE vs AFG Grand League Risky Picks:IRE
- Simi Singh [2 points], Paul Stirling [96 points]AFG
- Sharafuddin Ashraf [4 points], Azmatullah Omarzai [66 points]
IRE vs AFG Playing 11
Ireland (IRE) Possible Playing 11
1.Andy Balbirnie(C), 2.Paul Stirling, 3.Lorcan Tucker(WK), 4.Harry Tector, 5.Gareth Delany, 6.Simi Singh, 7.George Dockrell, 8.Fionn Hand, 9.Mark Adair, 10.Barry McCarthy, 11.Joshua Little
Afghanistan (AFG) Possible Playing 11
1.Hazratullah Zazai, 2.Rahmanullah Gurbaz(WK), 3.Ibrahim Zadran, 4.Najibullah-Zadran, 5.Sharafuddin Ashraf, 6.Mohammad Nabi(C), 7.Azmatullah Omarzai, 8.Rashid-Khan, 9.Fareed Malik, 10.Naveen-ul-Haq, 11.Mujeeb-ur-Rahman
IRE vs AFG Pitch Report
The pitch is expected to offer the same amount of support to both batters and the bowlers. The average first innings score at this venue in last 5 matches has been 157 runs. The team winning the toss might look to bat first and put a challenging total on the board.
IRE vs AFG Weather Report
The weather will be cloudy and there are chances of rain to interrupt the game.
Also Read: ZIM vs IND Dream11 Team Prediction Todays match, Fantasy Cricket Tips