World Cup 2023 Captains Day Updates: All the captains talked about the World Cup
By Kaif - October 4, 2023 - Last updated on Oct 04, 2023 04:56 PM
The World Cup will be hosted by India and will start on Thursday (October 5). The final match will be played on 19 November. The 'Captain Day' event was held a day before the start of the ODI World Cup. So let us know what all the captains said about World Cup 2023.
World Cup 2023 Captains Day
The World Cup, hosted by India, will start on Thursday (October 5). The final match will be played on 19 November. The first match of the tournament will be played between defending champions England and New Zealand at the Narendra Modi Stadium in Ahmedabad.
The 'Captain Day' event was organized a day before the start of the ODI World Cup. Captains of all 10 teams participated in the event. During this, Rohit Sharma, Babar Azam, Pat Cummins, Jos Buttler, Kane Williamson, Shakib Al Hasan, Scott Edwards, Hashmatullah Shahidi, Dasun Shanaka and Temba Bavuma were present on the stage. All the captains told about their preparations for the World Cup. Indian captain Rohit Sharma said that being the host, there will be pressure on the team, but the players are fully prepared for the World Cup. At the same time, Babar Azam praised India's hospitality.
World Cup 2023 Captains Day Updates
- Rohit Sharma said- It is a matter of pride to captain the Indian team in the World Cup. I am very excited. However, there is a lot of pressure. Whether you play in India or outside India, the pressure is always there. It will be difficult, but we are ready. We have prepared well. I don't think much about records. The host team has won the last three World Cups, but we are just concentrating on our match. Our focus is on one match at a time.
- Rohit further said- We will play the first match against Australia in Chennai. All teams come to the World Cup to perform well. We have to keep the level of our game high. The first two matches are very important. You always have to keep your game high. We have to stay fresh and perform well on the field.
- Babar Azam said- We were welcomed well in India. We did not expect this. Everyone is enjoying. In Hyderabad we do not feel that we are in India. We feel like we are in our own home. We are ready for the World Cup. Our strength is bowling. Most of the players of our team have been playing together for the last three years. We will benefit greatly from this.
- Babar Azam about the match with India- We are very excited to play against India. We have to play two matches before the match on 14th. The match between India and Pakistan is always a big one. We are ready for this.
- Australia captain Pat Cummins said- Australia has performed very well in the ODI World Cup in the last few years. I expect to do the same this time too.
- Pat Cummins said about inspiring the next generation, "When I was growing up, I used to consider sports people and cricketers as my idols. I wanted to be what they were. It is important that we play the game in the right spirit. It's important that we help children and those less fortunate.
First match of world cup
The World Cup will be hosted by India and will start on Thursday (October 5). The final match will be played on 19 November. The first match of the tournament will be played between defending champions England and New Zealand at the Narendra Modi Stadium in Ahmedabad.
Also Read: Cricket World Cup 2023 Schedule