IPL 2022: Teams To Begin Training, Dates And Practice Venues Are Fixed
By Kaif - March 6, 2022 - Last updated on Mar 06, 2022 12:34 PM
Image Sourse: BCCI
IPL Teams 2022 Training Date, List of Practice Venues: BCCI identifies 5 grounds, 10 hotels in Mumbai
Indian Premier League is all set to start from 26th March 2022 and earlier BCCI has officially announced 4 venues for this edition. The entire tournament will be under covid restrictions and the IPL governing council has planned to keep it as a biosecure bubble for all the teams. Here in this article, we have discussed IPL 2022 Training Dates and Practice Venues.
Also Read: IPL 2022: Free giveaway of Rs 3,00,000.00 in this IPL for our users
All the franchises are making plans for their practice sessions and other activities. And the new update is 5 venues have been identified till now for the team’s practice. All the 10 IPL teams will be starting their respective practice session from 14th and 15th March onwards with proper Covid protocols.
practice venues for IPL 2022:
- MCA ground in suburban Bandra Kurla Complex
- MCA ground in Thane
- Dr. DY Patil University ground and a football pitch
- CCI (Cricket Club of India)
- Reliance Corporate Park ground in Ghansoli
Although BCCI is yet to announce the official schedule of IPL 2022, the board has announced some key decisions regarding the tournament. IPL 2022 will witness a battle among 10 teams, as two new teams Lucknow Super Giants and Gujarat Titans are added to the tournament.
The government has already assured a special green channel for ambulances and VIP moments to ensure the teams aren’t stuck in traffic jams in Mumbai to reach the venues ahead of matches.
Also Read: Full list of sold and unsold players in IPL mega auction 2022
- Maharashtra will stage all the 70 matches of the tournament’s league stage.
- Wankhede and DY Patil Stadium will host 20 matches each while Brabourne Stadium will host 15 matches.
- Around 50 percent crowd capacity is likely to be allowed during the league.
- All teams will play 4 matches each at Wankhede Stadium and DY Patil Stadium while 3 matches each at Brabourne Stadium (CCI) and MCA International Stadium, Pune.
- The 10 teams will play a total of 14 league matches (7 home matches and 7 away matches) totalling 70 league matches, followed by the 4 playoff matches.
- Each team will play 5 teams twice and the remaining 4 teams only once (2 only home and 2 only away).
- To decide on the above, teams have been assigned in two virtual groups based on the number of IPL Championships won followed by the number of Final matches
- played by the respective teams.
will consist of: Mumbai Indians, Delhi Capitals, Kolkata Knight Riders, Rajasthan Royals, and Lucknow Super Giants. Group B
will consist of: Chennai Super Kings, Sunrises Hyderabad, Royal Challengers Bangalore, Punjab Kings, and Gujarat Titans.
Also Read: Top 5 Magical Wickets of Shane Warne, Watch Video