Ravindra Jadeja is 35 years old and KL Rahul is 31 years old, but since 2021 till now both have been injured a total of 11 times. Both of them have suffered many injuries on their bodies in the last three years. Because of this, the Indian team is missing these two in big tournaments. Due to injuries, there are problems in the composition of the Indian team.
Jadeja has been injured 5 times in the last three years. Whereas KL Rahul had to stay out of the team 6 times due to injury. This is a matter of concern for Team India. Currently both of them are out of the team due to injury. In such a situation, another challenge has arisen before the Indian team for the five-Test series against England. Let us know when these two star players got injured from the year 2021 and the Indian team had to face difficulties.
1. Thumb Injury (January to March 2021): Ravindra Jadeja suffered a thumb injury while batting in the Sydney Test during the Border-Gavaskar Trophy. A shot ball from Mitchell Starc bounced and hit him, causing injury to his left thumb. Scans later revealed a fracture, ruling Jadeja out of the home series against England.
2. Arm Injury (21 November to February 2022): Jadeja was ruled out of the second Test against New Zealand due to swelling in his arm. Jadeja remained out of the field for a long time and missed the South Africa tour.
3. Rib Injury (May to June 2022): After a tough time as Chennai Super Kings captain, Jadeja had to miss the IPL 2022 matches due to a rib injury. He got injured while fielding against Royal Challengers Bangalore. After this he had to stay out of the team for a long time. He returned for the fifth Test against England.
4. Knee Injury (August 2022 to February 2023): A big crisis came in Indian cricket when Jadeja suffered a knee injury during the Asia Cup and after surgery, he had to stay out of the field for the next six months. After toiling hard for Saurashtra in the Ranji Trophy, he missed the T20 World Cup, Bangladesh tour, home series against Sri Lanka and New Zealand, before making his much-awaited comeback in the Test series against Australia.
5. Hamstring (January 2024): Jadeja was ruled out of the second Test against England due to a hamstring strain on the fourth day of the opening Test series against England in Hyderabad. He has returned to NCA. This has affected his chances of playing the remaining four matches to a great extent.
1. Wrist Strain (January 2021): Ahead of the third Test in Sydney, Rahul suffered a wrist strain and was ruled out of the 2020/21 Border-Gavaskar Trophy.
2. Appendicitis (May 2021): Rahul had to undergo surgery for appendicitis in the middle of the IPL. Playing for Punjab Kings, KL Rahul scored 331 runs in 7 innings.
3. Thigh Strain (November 2021): Rahul was ruled out of the two-Test series against New Zealand at home due to a thigh strain.
4. Groin/Sports Hernia (June 2022): A day before leading India against South Africa in the home T20I series, Rahul was ruled out with a groin injury. This grew into a sports hernia, for which Rahul had to undergo surgery. However, he made a comeback in the Asia Cup.
5. Thigh Injury (May 2023): KL Rahul has been ruled out of the remaining matches of IPL 2023 after suffering a thigh injury while fielding. The injury was so serious that Rahul had to stay out of the field for three months. Due to this he missed the World Test Championship final, West Indies and Ireland tour.
6. Quadriceps Injury (January 2024): After playing some strong innings in the World Cup and Asia Cup and the South Africa tour, Rahul has been out of the field after complaining of pain in his right quadriceps. He complained of pain during the first Test match against England. Now his playing in the second test match seems doubtful.
Also Read: Latest ICC Women T20 Bowling Rankings