What is the Anti Doping rule in Cricket?, John Campbell banned for 4 years
By Kaif - October 8, 2022 - Last updated on Oct 08, 2022 03:25 PM
What is the Anti Doping rule in Cricket?, John Campbell was banned for 4 years, what is doping
John Campbell banned for 4 years for violating anti-doping rules
John Campbell was banned for 4 years, According to a decision by the Jamaica Anti-Doping Commission (JADCO), West Indies batsman John Campbell has been banned for four years for anti-doping rule violations. Fridays 18-page decision by a three-member independent panel accused Campbell of evading, refusing or failing to submit sample collections.
Played 20 Tests, 6 ODIs and 2 T20 matches for West Indies Campbell was previously accused by JADCO of refusing to provide a blood sample at his home in Kingston in April.
Campbell has been banned for 4 years for violating JADCO Rule 2.3. "Based on the evidence, the panel did not find that the athletes anti-doping violation was not intentional," the judgment said. In the circumstances of this case the athlete is ineligible for a period of 4 years. This ban has been imposed on Campbell from 10 May 2022.
Also Read: T20 world cup 2022 Schedule, Team, Venue, Time Table
What is the Anti Doping rule in Cricket?
The web of doping has spread all over the world and even veteran players have been trapped in its clutches. By using doping, players use drugs that increase strength, so that players can play for a long time without fatigue, any player is famous only by performing his best game. Thats why players use doping. Even before this, many cases of doping have come to the fore, 45 players including 23 medal winners of Beijing Olympics 2008 were found positive in the dope test. These tests are conducted by NADA (National Anti-Doping Agency) or WADA (World Anti-Doping Agency). In this, the urine of the players is tested in a special lab of WADA or NADA. NADAs labs are in Delhi and WADAs labs are in many places in the world.
Anti-Doping Code Test
- WADA was established on November 10, 1999 in the city of Lausanne, Switzerland, to combat the increasing use of drugs in international sports. After this, NADA was established in every country. In this, there is a provision of punishment from 2 years imprisonment to life ban for the players found guilty.
- Dope test is done to detect the use of strength enhancing drugs. A dope test can be taken of any player at any time. This can be done from the side of Nada or Wada or both. For this, urine samples of players are taken. The sample is taken only once.
- The first phase is called A and the second phase is called B. If found to be A positive, the player is banned. The player can appeal to the Anti-Doping Panel for a B-test sample, if he so desires. If the player also comes positive in the B-Test sample, then that player is banned.
- These tests are conducted by NADA (National Anti-Doping Agency) or WADA (World Anti-Doping Agency). In this, the urine of the players is tested in a special lab of WADA or NADA. NADAs labs are in Delhi and WADAs labs are in many places in the world.
Also Read: Best shots in cricket history, All cricket shots name with image
List of doping cases in Cricket
- Yusuf Pathan, who was a formidable batsman of Team India, has also been caught in doping in 2017. He was also tested positive for the banned substance terbutaline. The BCCI imposed a five-month suspension on Pathan. It came into effect from 15 August 2017 and ended on 14 January 2018.
- Legendary Australian spinner Shane Warne was found guilty in a dope test during the 2003 World Cup. His result was reported a day before the start of the tournament in South Africa in which he was found positive and he was sent back. He was banned for one year.
- Pakistani fast bowler Shoaib Akhtar has also been accused of dope test. Akhtar had to face it when he was at the peak of his career. In 2006, Shoaib was banned for two years after being caught in doping. He had to stay away from international cricket for two years.
- Stephen Fleming, the former captain of New Zealand and coach of Chennai Super Kings in IPL, has also been a victim of dope test. During 1993-94, Fleming was briefly banned for doping.
- Alex Hales
- Prithvi Shaw
- John Campbell
Also Read: Best Fielder In The World, Top 5 Best Fielder In The World 2022