ENG vs SA Match Preview, ENG vs SA Dream11 Prediction, Playing11 and Pitch
By Kaif - July 19, 2022 - Last updated on Jul 19, 2022 01:20 PM
Image Source: England-Cricket South Africa Twitter
ENG vs SA Match Preview, ENG vs SA Dream11 Prediction, Playing11, Pitch Report, Fantasy Winning Tip, and Injury Updates
ENG vs SA Match Previews, ENG vs SA Dream11 Prediction
This is the first match of the one-day series played between England and South Africa. The England team has suffered a 2-1 defeat in the recently concluded ODI series against India. Adil Rashid is making a comeback in this series for the England team, while veteran all-rounder Ben Stokes has dealt a blow to the England team with his retirement from ODIs, he will be seen in his last ODI in this series.
On behalf of the South Africa team, captain Temba Bavuma and leading bowler Kagiso Rabada will not be able to play in this series due to injuries, in their place Keshav Maharaj has been given the responsibility of captaincy of the team. After a poor performance in the first warm-up match, the South Africa team made a spectacular comeback in the second match by defeating England Lions by 107 runs. Both the teams, performing brilliantly in this first match, will take the field with the intention of starting the series with a win.
Also Read: ENG vs SA Fantasy Prediction, Dream11 winning Tips and Live Match Score
ENG vs SA Match Details
- Match - England vs South Africa, 1st ODI
- Date & Time - 19th July at 5:30 PM IST and 1:00 PM Local Time
- Venue - Riverside Ground, Chester-le-Street
- Live Streaming- Sony LIV
England (ENG) Team Updates
- England are coming off after playing against India at Home.
- The English team lost the recently completed ODI series against India and would be expecting a better result from this series.
- This series would be followed by three T20Is and three Test matches. Adil Rashid, who missed the limited-overs series against India, is available for selection and might find a place in the playing 11.
- Jonny Bairstow and Jason Roy will probably open the inning.
- Joe Root will bat at the one-down position.
- Ben Stokes and Jos Buttler will handle the middle-order batting.
- Jos Buttler will lead the England as a Captain. He is also a good Wicket-Keeper
- Jonny Bairstow will do the Wicket Keeping for England.
- Adil Rashid and Liam Livingstone will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Reece Topley and David Willey will lead the pace attack of his team.
South Africa (SA) Team Updates
- South Africa would be without the limited-overs captain Temba Bavuma on this tour. He sustained an elbow injury during the T20I series against India last month.
- South Africa played two warm-up matches against England Lions last week. They lost the first game after England Lions chased down the target of 319 runs in just 37.1 overs. Proteas bounced back in the second game and won by 107 runs after posting a total of 360 runs on the board.
- South African team will be looking to start off on a high note.
- De Kocks playing is not confirmed yet , he is facing a finger injury.
- Janneman Malan and Reeza Hendricks will probably open the inning.
- Rassie van der-Dussen will bat at the one-down position.
- Aiden Markram and David Miller will handle the middle-order batting.
- Keshav Maharaj will lead the South Africa as a Captain. He is also a good Bowler
- Heinrich Klaasen will do the Wicket-Keeping for South Africa.
- Tabraiz Shamsi and Keshav Maharaj will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Anrich Nortje and Lungi Ngidi will lead the pace attack of his team.
ENG vs SA Top Picks
Moeen Ali In the recently played ODI series, he scored 95 runs in 3 matches and took 1 wicket, in this match also he can perform well with both bat and ball.
David Miller While batting brilliantly in the practice match, he played brilliant innings of 55 runs in 36 balls to take South Africa to the score of 318 runs, in this match too he will remain the leading batsman for the South Africa team.
Also Read: Ben Stokes’ ODI Records Batting, Bowling And His Achievements
Dwayne Pretorius South Africa will be the main bowler of the team in this series, he has taken 31 wickets in 24 ODIs, and he also performed very well in the T20 series against India.
Jos Buttler is a right-handed wicketkeeper-batsman from England. He has hammered 4214 runs in his 154 matches ODI career so far and can play a big role once again here.
ENG vs SA Probable Playing 11
England ENG Playing 11
1.Jonny Bairstow(WK), 2.Jason Roy, 3.Joe Root, 4.Ben Stokes, 5.Jos Buttler(WK)(C), 6.Liam Livingstone, 7.Moeen Ali, 8.Craig Overton, 9.Adil Rashid/David Willey, 10.Brydon Carse, 11.Reece Topley
South Africa SA Playing 11
1.Janneman Malan, 2.Reeza Hendricks, 3.Rassie van der-Dussen, 4.Aiden Markram, 5.David Miller, 6.Heinrich Klaasen(WK), 7.Andile Phehlukwayo, 8.Keshav Maharaj(C), 9.Anrich Nortje, 10.Tabraiz Shamsi, 11.Lungi Ngidi
ENG vs SA Pitch Report
The surface at the Riverside Ground is a batting-friendly wicket and is expected to assist the batters hugely in both innings. There is very little help on offer for the pacers early on, and the spinners will have to bowl tight lengths to fetch any purchase.
ENG vs SA Weather Report
The temperature is expected to hover around 35°C on the matchday with 29% humidity and 23 km/hr wind speed. There are no chances of precipitation during the game.
Also Read: CWG 2022, Indian players matches in Commonwealth Games, see full schedule