Asian Games 2023 medal tally full list: Country Wise Update
By Kaif - September 25, 2023 - Last updated on Oct 04, 2023 05:50 PM
Asian Games 2023 medal tally full list: Country Wise Update, Indian winners in Asian Games
Today is the second day of the Asian Games 2023 being held in Hangzhou, China. There is every hope that India's medal count will increase. India won a total of 7 medals.
Asian Games 2023
The Indian contingent has started the Asian Games 2023 in Hangzhou on a grand note. India won its first medal on September 24 and since then the winning streak has continued. At the 2018 Asian Games, the Indian contingent had set its record for the highest number of medals at the Asian Games by earning 80 medals from a 570-member strong contingent. Now in this edition, the Indian team hopes to surpass its previous best, with a target of over 100 medals. The women's shooting team had opened the medal account for India on September 24 in Hangzhou.
Asian Games 2023 medal tally full list
India medals tally and winners list
- 1. Shooting, Women's 10m Air Rifle Team: The shooting team of Mehuli Ghosh, Ramita and Aashi Chowksey won the silver medal after finishing second in the Women's 10m Air Rifle team event. He scored a total of 1886.
- 2. Rowing Men's Double Sculls: The pair of Arjun Lal Jat and Arvind Singh won the silver medal in the lightweight men's double sculls with a timing of 2:6.28 seconds.
- 3. Rowing, Men's Pair: The pair of Lekh Ram and Babu Lal Yadav helped India finish third by winning the bronze medal with a timing of 6:50.41.
- 4. Rowing, Men's Eight: Continuing the medal haul in rowing, India won another silver medal, this time in the men's eight event.
- 5. Shooting, Women's 10m Air Rifle Individual: Ramita Jindal, who won a silver medal in the women's team event, won the bronze medal in the 10m Air Rifle individual event with a score of 230.1.
- 6. Shooting, Men's 10m Air Rifle Team: The trio of Divyansh Singh Panwar, Rudranksh Patil and Aishwarya Pratap Singh Tomar gave India its first gold medal at the 2023 Asian Games. With a score of 1893.7 points, they broke the existing world record for a team in the 10 meter air rifle event.
- 7. Rowing, Men's Coxless Four: The quartet of Jaswinder Singh, Bhim Singh, Puneet and Ashish Kumar finished third in the men's coxless four event with a timing of 6 minutes 7.6 seconds and won the bronze.
- 8. Rowing, Men's Quadruple Sculls: India won bronze medal in rowing. The quartet of Satnam, Parminder, Jakar and Sukhmeet finished third in the final with a timing of 3:6.08 minutes.
- 9. Men's 10m Air Rifle Individual: Shooter Aishwarya Pratap Singh Tomar, who along with two others gave India its first Asian Games gold medal in the team event, won a bronze medal in the men's 10m air rifle event.
- 10. Men's 25m Rapid Fire Pistol Team: The trio of Adarsh Singh, Anish Bhanwala and Vijayveer Sidhu won the bronze medal for India with a total score of 1718.
Also Read: Asian Games 2023: India Hockey Team Beats Uzbekistan 16-0