ENG vs SA Match Preview, ENG vs SA Dream11 Prediction 2nd ODI, Playing11
By Kaif - July 22, 2022 - Last updated on Jul 22, 2022 12:17 PM
Image Source: Cricket South Africa
ENG vs SA Match Preview, ENG vs SA Dream11 Prediction 2nd ODI, Playing11 and Pitch Report, Fantasy Winning Tip, Injury Updates
ENG vs SA Match Details
- Match - England vs South Africa, 2nd ODI
- Date and Time - 22nd July at 5:30 PM IST and 1 PM Local Time
- Venue - Emirates Old Trafford, Manchester
- Live Streaming - Sony Sports Network & Sony LIV
ENG vs SA Dream11 Prediction, ENG vs SA Match Previews
ENG vs SA will face each other in the second ODI at Old Trafford, Manchester on Friday 22 July. The Proteas will be hoping to seal the three-match series with one more win under their belt. This led them to an emphatic 62-run victory in the first match.
England, on the other hand, will miss Ben Stokes in this game and Phil Salt is likely to feature in the XI. Players like Joe Root and Jonny Bairstow will be crucial for the team to level the series, while the bowlers will have to control the runs.
Also Read: ENG vs SA Fantasy Prediction, Fantasy Cricket winning tips, Live Match Score, and Pitch Report
England (ENG) Team Updates
- England will have their task cut out, they are the world champions and need to play like one.
- Their bowlers lack penetration and are not able to pick wickets in any phase of the game unless the batsmen themselves want to throw it away.
- Jonny Bairstow and Jason Roy will probably open the inning.
- Jonny Bairstow is in pretty good form, he scored an effortless half-century in the first game. His numbers in England are extraordinary.
- Joe Root will bat at the one-down position.
- Joe Root played a fantastic inning in the first game but due to lack of support, couldn’t take his team over the line. He is a bankable player against South Africa as he has great numbers against them.
- Philip Salt and Jos Buttler will handle the middle-order batting.
- Philip Salt is likely to take up the #4 spot in the absence of Ben Stokes.
- Jos Buttler will lead England as a Captain. He is also a good Wicket-Keeper
- Jos Buttler will do the Wicket Keeping for England.
- Joe Root and Liam Livingstone will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Brydon Carse and Matthew Potts/Reece Topley will lead the pace attack of his team.
South Africa (SA) Team Updates
- South Africa was clearly the better team in both batting and bowling as they thrashed England in the first ODI quite comprehensively in the end.
- South Africa is likely to go in with the same winning combination that played the first game.
- Aiden Markram is their designated 6th bowler and England would want to take advantage of it unlike the first ODI.
- Janneman Malan and Quinton de Kock will probably open the inning.
- Quinton de Kock missed out on scoring big in the first game but he has intimidating numbers against England in ODIs. With the conditions expected to be bouncy, he might have a big impact in this game.
- Rassie van der-Dussen will bat at the one-down position.
- Rassie Van Der Dussen showed why he is the master at this format of the game. He is unstoppable in ODIs at the moment. He is operating at a different level in 50 overs cricket.
- Aiden Markram and Heinrich Klaasen will handle the middle-order batting.
- Keshav Maharaj will lead South Africa as a Captain. He is also a good Bowler
- Heinrich Klaasen will do the Wicket Keeping for South Africa.
- Tabraiz Shamsi and Keshav Maharaj will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Anrich Nortje and Lungi Ngidi will lead the pace attack of his team.
ENG vs SA Top Picks
Rassie van der Dussen - Rassie van der Dussen hit 134 runs in the first ODI. He will be hoping to continue this rich vein of form, especially given his remarkable record against England. The 33-year-old has an average of 75.67 at a strike rate of 98.27 in five ODIs vs the Englishmen.
Jason Roy - Jason Roys partial average and strike rate in seven ODIs at Old Trafford are 19 and 112.71 respectively. South Africas fast bowlers will try to get him out early in the innings. If it doesnt happen then Jason Roy will say to play long innings.
Also Read: IND vs WI Dream11 Team Prediction Todays match, Fantasy Cricket Tips
Keshav Maharaj - Keshav Maharaj has fared reasonably well in the three ODIs that he has featured in England. The off-spinner has taken five wickets at a bowling average and strike rate of 27.80 and 31.40 in these games.
Joe Root - Joe Root has scored two centuries and three half-centuries in 13 ODIs against the Proteas at an unbelievable average and strike rate of 52.31 and 89.36 respectively.
ENG vs SA Playing 11
England ENG Possible Playing 11
1. Jonny Bairstow(WK), 2.Jason Roy, 3.Joe Root, 4. Philip Salt, 5.Jos Buttler(WK)(C), 6.Liam Livingstone, 7.Moeen Ali, 8. Sam Curran, 9. Adil Rashid, 10.Brydon Carse, 11.Matthew Potts
South Africa SA Possible Playing 11
1.Janneman Malan, 2.Quinton de Kock(WK), 3.Rassie van der-Dussen, 4.Aiden Markram, 5.Heinrich Klaasen(WK), 6.David Miller, 7.Andile Phehlukwayo, 8.Keshav Maharaj(C), 9.Anrich Nortje, 10.Tabraiz Shamsi, 11.Lungi Ngidi
ENG vs SA Pitch Report
The surface at Old Trafford gets better as the day progresses. Though this is a day-night game, there will be something in it for the fast bowlers early on. Out of 56 ODIs played at the venue, 26 have been won by teams batting first while 29 have been won by the chasing side with 228 being the average score.
ENG vs SA Weather Report
On match day the weather forecast in Manchester is good for cricket matches. There is some chance of rain but it is possible that our match may be interrupted.
Also Read: Team India upcoming Cricket match schedule 2022-2023