Farmers are ready to knock once again in the country's capital Delhi. Farmers from all the states including Punjab-Haryana have made preparations to siege Delhi. It has been named 'Chalo Delhi'. Many people are also calling this huge movement that is going to happen after two years as Farmers Protest 2.0. To stop 'Chalo Delhi', a meeting of farmer leaders with Union ministers was held late on Monday night, but this meeting remained inconclusive. Farmers will start their march to Delhi from Tuesday. So let us know what is the whole matter. Why farmers protesting again and What are the farmers demands?.
Why farmers protesting again
- This is not the first time that farmers are agitating. Two years ago, there was a historic movement of farmers on the borders of Delhi, when the Modi government had to surrender before the farmers and repeal the three agricultural laws passed by the Parliament.
- Farmers feared that these laws could eliminate the Minimum Support Price (MSP) and hand over farming to corporate companies. However, farmers had to make huge sacrifices regarding agricultural laws. Farmers continued protesting for almost a year. Farmers claim that more than 700 farmers died during this movement, however, these claims did not get importance at the government and non-government level.
- Two years ago, the government not only repealed the laws but also promised to give guarantee on MSP. After this the farmers withdrew the movement. But now farmers say that the government has not fulfilled its promises regarding MSP.
Also Read: What is MSP? What are the farmers demanding regarding MSP
What are the farmers demands?
Like the 2021 movement, this time too farmers are coming out to protest for their many demands. In particular, protests have been announced to demand a law to guarantee the Minimum Support Price (MSP). Making a law for minimum support price is their biggest demand.
Samyukt Kisan Morcha says that they just want to remind the Central Government of the promises made two years ago by appealing to the farmers to withdraw the movement. Those promises have not been fulfilled yet. The government had promised guarantee on MSP. It was said that the cases registered against the farmers would be withdrawn.
- A law should be made for minimum support price.
- The recommendations of the Swaminathan Commission should be implemented.
- Farmers are also demanding waiver of agricultural loans.
- Compensation should be given to the farmer family on the Lakhimpur Kheri case.
- Farmers should be kept out of the pollution law.
- Allowance should be increased to reduce import duty on agricultural commodities, milk products, fruits and vegetables and meat.
- A pension scheme should be implemented for farmers above 58 years of age and they should be given a monthly pension of Rs 10,000.
- The quality of seeds of all crops including cotton should be improved by amending the Pesticides, Seeds and Fertilizer Act.
- The Land Acquisition Act 2013 should be implemented in the same manner. The instructions given by the Central Government to the State Government in this regard should be cancelled.
- To improve the Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana, self-insurance premium should be paid by the government, all crops should be made a part of the scheme and while assessing the loss, the loss should be assessed by considering the farm acre as a unit.
Internet shut down in 7 districts of Haryana
Two days before the farmers march to Delhi, internet and SMS services were stopped in 7 districts of Haryana. It has been decided to shut down internet services for three days in Ambala, Kurukshetra, Kaithal, Jind, Hisar, Fatehabad and Sirsa districts of Haryana.
Also Read: Watch Ranveer Singh Johnny Sins Ad Video
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Farmers Protest Reason
Two years ago, the government not only canceled the laws but also promised to give guarantee on MSP. After this the farmers withdrew the movement. But now farmers say that the government has not fulfilled its promise regarding MSP. That's why this protest is happening again