Watch Video: Team India Celebrates Dancing On Viral Reel Song
By Rohit - August 22, 2022 - Last updated on Aug 23, 2022 12:11 AM
Image Source: ZIMTV/Screengrab
India vs Zimbabwe, 3rd ODI, Highlights: Sikandar Razas valiant knock of 115 failed to take Zimbabwe home as India edged past them by 13 runs in the third and final ODI at the Harare Sports Club on Monday to clean sweep the series 3-0. The match went down to the wire, courtesy Razas splendid knock but India held their nerves well to end up on the winning side. Earlier, Shubman Gill led from the front with his 130-run knock as India posted 289 for 8 in 50 overs. Shubman Gill showed great composure and he built his innings with great pace. Shubman Gills innings was the main reason that India managed to post a respected total on the board. During his innings, Shubman Gill hit 15 fours and one six. Ishan Kishan was the second-best scorer for India with 50 runs to his credit.A perfect yorker from Avesh Khan as he cleans up Victor Nyauchi for a duck. And with that, Zimbabwe have been bowled out for 276 in 49.3 Overs with India winning by 13 runs to complete 3-0 clean sweep.
Also Read: India vs Zimbabwe 3rd ODI Head to Head, Team Updates, Live Match Score
India Squad: Shikhar Dhawan, KL Rahul(c), Shubman Gill, Ishan Kishan, Deepak Hooda, Sanju Samson(w), Axar Patel, Shardul Thakur, Deepak Chahar, Kuldeep Yadav, Avesh Khan
Zimbabwe Squad: Takudzwanashe Kaitano, Innocent Kaia, Tony Munyonga, Regis Chakabva (w/c), Sikandar Raza, Sean Williams, Ryan Burl, Luke Jongwe, Brad Evans, Victor Nyauchi, Richard Ngarava
The nerve-racking match also witnessed some records being made or broken and we take a look at them in our stat attack:
- Shubman Gill registered his maiden international hundred as he smashed 130 runs in just 97 balls with 15 fours and one six.
- Gill also broke Sachin Tendulkar’s record as his 130 is also the highest individual score by an Indian against Zimbabwe in ODIs. The previous highest score in ODIs against Zimbabwe by an Indian was by Tendulkar, who scored 127* in 1998 in the first ODI of three-match series.
- Shubham Gill has also broken captain Rohit Sharmas record by becoming Indias youngest player to hit a century in international cricket on Zimbabwean soil. Gill achieved the feat at the age of 22 years and 348 days, while Rohit had slammed the century against Zimbabwe aged 23 years and 28 days.
- With the win in the 3rd ODI, India created the record for most ODI series whitewashes in 2022 with 3 clean sweeps. India had earlier completed two ODI series whitewashes against West Indies.
- Deepak Hooda has now won all his 17 international matches (ODI and T20I combined) to extend the longest winning streak for a player in mens international cricket since his debut.
- Zimbabwe crossed the 200-run mark for the first time against India in the last six ODIs while failing to play the full quota of 50 overs. Their totals in the last five ODIs are 168 (49.5 overs), 126 (34.3 overs), 123 (42.2 overs), 189 (40.3 overs), and 161 (38.1 overs), 276 (49.3).
Watch full video of Team India Celebrates Dancing On Viral Reel Song
Also Read: Asia Cup 2022 Schedule, Team, Venue, Time Table